sweet summer style

moxie sweet summer style

 

Silence  Noise jacket - Staring at Stars scarf - Urban Renewal pants
 

Some may know (first hand) that San Francisco doesn’t really get summer weather. It’s quite drafty and cold during the summer, the warm/hot weather doesn’t come until August, September and October. There are those one or two days of pure heat wave when you least expect it. And we’re dying in the sweltering heat without air conditioning or even a fan. But most of the time, it’s not exactly hot and averaging in the mid 60s and low 70s – not what I would call hot. So I like to wear clothes that will cover me and keep me warm, but with a loose fit for when the unexpected heat wave comes along.
1. Loose fitting clothes are my friend.
2. Always have my floppy hat and sunglasses with me, they keep me shaded and protected from the sun.
3. Always stay hydrated! Vitamin Water grape flavor or Calpico!
4. Even if it’s cold and windy outside, I wouldn’t pass up the chance to eat frozen yogurt with strawberries, mango and mochi bits!
That’s really my key to staying cool and stylish in the summer. I wore this outfit to the Divas at the Diva event yesterday. I didn’t realize I was a walking Urban Outfitters catalog/billboard, until I was telling Enid of Crossroads Trading Co. (at the event) that I was sporting a floppy hat from Urban Outfitters, the studded blazer, slouchy pants AND sunglasses were all from Urban Outfitters.
I want to thank Chictopia for selecting me as one of their new contributing editors for The Uglies. I can’t wait to write for them and I hope you will enjoy my thoughts and musings.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment